Proven record of delivering both operational and consultancy roles
Alex joined Hatmill after working across a variety of roles in the grocery retail sector, from operations to consultancy. From 10 years working for Lidl, Alex has a proven record of delivering both operational and consultancy roles, including warehouse design and build, transition planning as well as leading large operational teams.
Alex’s experience has led him to successfully deliver projects focussed around process improvement and implementation, KPI management, strategy planning, cost reduction & labour & resource planning.
Key experiences to date includes:
- Implementing 15% cost reduction through improved transport planning, headcount planning, absence & fluctuation reduction and lean process improvements.
- Responsible for operational continuation through a 12 month DC expansion and reconfiguration programme.
- Running complex, multi temperature food distribution warehouses responsible for all site operations and personnel.
- Managing key stakeholders in the development of three new regional distribution centres through their fit-out phase.
- Integral member of the start-up team for the NHS PPE business unit, ensuring continuous supply of PPE throughout the COVID-19 pandemic